This is Clarity! Clarity is a 2001 Bavaria Ocean 42 center cockpit, and she’s our full-time home. (See photo gallery below.)
She has been meticulously maintained and upgraded by the previous owners. It’s a newer boat, but has the design elements and gorgeous woodwork of the older ocean cruisers. She’s built very well and blue-water ready, and very comfortable down below with plenty of living and storage space.
Her topsides double as a outdoor playground, with ample spots to play, have outdoor meals, and luxuriate on the swim platform. She has a good balance of heavier displacement for stability and an efficient hull design for faster sailing.
And she’s fitted out like a dream (most of it recently redone):
- Furling main and genoa sails with adjustable whisker/spinnaker pole, and spinnaker – with electric primary winches
- Boat is powered completely by 800 watts of solar panels, as well as a 4.5kW diesel generator
- Radar, AIS, GPS, SSB and Pactor Modem, underwater 360 sonar, and two EPIRBS
- Custom canvas shade cover for the entire deck
- Custom dingy davits with motor hoist
- Electric windlass with two anchors
- Air Conditioning
- Scuba and fishing gear
- Two electric heads and a separate shower, plus a hot/cold water outdoor shower on the swim platform
- Fridge and keel-cooled freezer
- Hard bimini and cockpit roof, with integrated rain catchment
- Lot’s of recent upgrades
Most all of the shelves have been taken over by crafting supplies and stuffed animals abound, but that’s how we like it. Home sweet boat home.